57th ANNUAL NEWGA CHAMPIONSHIP
Renaissance — July 9-11, 2013
377 Kenoza Street, Haverhill, MA 04989
www.renaissancema.com / 978-556-0900
1. All participants must have a USGA handicap of 17.4 or less. Each state shall be granted a maximum of 18 positions to be filled by the lowest handicap entries (determined by revision date 6-15-2013) and may include the following exemptions per state:
2. Participant must be a member of one of the New England Women’s Golf Member Associations as defined by each states association.
3. A Member Association may invite non-members within their state to participate with the following restrictions:
4. If a State is unable to fill all of its allotted positions, the Tournament Chairman shall be notified by a specified date. The Tournament Chairman shall divide equally all the unused positions among the Associations that have submitted a waiting list starting with the Host State. Only players whose names appear on this waiting list may be selected to fill any extra positions given to the Association. In the event of an uneven number of extra positions, Host State shall be given the balance. Only those players registering in time will be allowed on the wait list.
5. A Junior is any girl who is a resident of the respective state and has not reached her 19th birthday by the opening day of the tournament. A Junior of 18 years of age is eligible only if she has not yet begun her first semester of college. A Junior does not have to be a member of a NEWGA member club, but must have a USGA handicap index of 19 or below. Parents and guardians are NOT allowed to caddie for juniors. Juniors MUST have a valid drivers liscense to drive a cart.
6. All Seniors must be 50 years old and Legends must be 65 years old by the opening day of the tournament. They must declare their status prior to the start of the tournament.
7. Tournament Quota: Each State has a quota of 18 players. The total field will be 108 players for 36 holes and then cut to the 70 (low score) players (including ties) for the final round of play including anyone within ten shots of the leader in the player’s respective category.
8. Format: 54-hole stroke-play championship. After 36 holes, the field will be cut to 70 players plus ties and anyone within 10 shots of the leader in the player’s respective category for the final round.
9. Awards: Gross and net prizes, NEWGA Bowl, Robert Holmes-Jones Bowl, Carol Patton Trophy, and Fanchon Cartin Trophy.
10. Entry Fee is $155.00 (includes entry, tee gifts, range balls, prizes and competitor’s continental breakfast each day, barbecue following play on Wednesday, July 10th. $155.00 Junior Entry Fee same but each state may choose to subsidize their Junior player(s).
* CARTS ARE NOT MANDATORY: Cost for cart will be $20, only 2 carts out per group - players must pair up. The course is easy to walk and push or pull carts are allowed. Limited carts are available and must be reserved when registering. Extra carts may not be available if requested the day of the tournament.
11. Please use attached NEWGA entry form found under “How to Register” that correspond with the state that you will be playing for. Please send application to the state representative listed on that application form.
Mail Entry Fee (payable to NEWGA) and sent to the respective State’s Association.
12. Entries Dates: Open: May 1, 2013 Close: June 15, 2013. NO REFUND FOR WITHDRAWALS AFTER July 1, 2013.
13. USGA Revision Date: Handicap Index as of June 15, 2013, used to establish wait list.
14. Practice Round The cost of the practice round is $27 with or without a cart. Guests will be allowed to play practice round and may be played after June 15th.
Call Pro Shop for tee time: 978-241-6710.
15. Measuring Device: The use of distance measuring devices will be allowed in this Championship by local rule.
16. Club Storage is not available.
17. Practice Range is available Fee for range balls will be charged.
Pro Shop Telephone: 978-241-6710.